I have been painting and drawing since leaving college. Work or life interrupts from time to time, but I always pick up the brushes again. My work has gone through a number of episodes of style.
The work on this site shows a sample of my work over the last few years.
Most of my works are still life paintings.
The paintings represent my attempts to engage with the still life
tradition exemplified by Zurbaran, Chardin, Morandi among others.
- 1976-1979 B.A. Hons Fine Art Lanchester Polytechnic Coventry
- 1975-1976 Foundation Course Loughborough College Of Art And Design
- 2007 Eclectic Collections, Jane Powell Gallery Kenilworth
- 2002 Cut up Bikes, Inner Space Gallery Great Titchfield Street London W1
- 1997 Paul Hawkins Gallery Davies Street London W1
- 1995 The Discerning Eye Mall Galleries London
- 1995 Contemporary Irish Artists Showcase Gallery Coventry
- 1992 Malvern Open Drawing Competition Malvern Festival
- 1991 Nottingham Arts and Crafts Exhibition Nottingham Castle Museum
- 1990 Nottingham Arts and Crafts Exhibition Nottingham Castle Museum
- 1990 Knighton Lane Studios Open Leicester
- 1989 East End Open Studios London (in collaboration with the Whitechapel Gallery)
- 1988 East End Open Studios London (in collaboration with the Whitechapel Gallery)
- 1987 East End Street Scenes Homerton Hospital Hackney, London (group show organised by the Whitechapel Gallery)
- 1983 Leicester Schools Collection
- 1983 Woodlands Gallery Group Show Greenwich London
- 1983 Blackheath Gallery Group Show Blackheath London
- 1983 Whitechapel Open Whitechapel Gallery London
- 1982 Casa Colonica Antonini Perugia Italy
- 1982 Hampstead Artists Group Camden Arts Centre London
- 1978 Northern Young Contemporaries Whitworth Art Gallery Manchester
- 1974 Nottingham Local Artists
- Featured in Creative Painting: Still Life in Oils ISBN 2-88479-012-8 (Amazon)
- Featured in International Artist, Issue 21 October/November 2001, ISSN 1440-1320
Works in collections in Australia, France, New Zealand. Italy, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA.